airG is a pioneer in the mobile software industry having released its first mobile application in 2000. Since then the company's products and services have been used by over 100 million consumers globally, generating more than $1 billion in revenues.
Though we have grown to be a multi-national corporation with a strong balance sheet – we remain true to our formative entrepreneurial roots. Our commercial success comes through financing our teams to take big risks – and challenging them to work in small autonomous groups to solve complex problems. Each product team is supported by seasoned sales, creative, legal, and business development teams maximizing the probability of commercial success. At airG, we are not afraid of building products that may fail – we're more afraid of missing opportunities by not trying.
We are in search of an Intermediate Software Developer to join our Platform Development team.
For this role, you will:
- Be responsible for the design, development, implementation, and support of critical enterprise reporting and related systems.
- Design, operate, and maintain an efficient, reliable, distributed, and scalable backend systems.
- Analyze and tune software configurations, automate manual processes, design scalable systems and identify improvements over time.
- Develop concepts and technical specifications for platforms and systems.
- Work with the team to effectively plan and manage development tasks, project milestones, and operational activities.
- Collaborate with team members to investigate and resolve platform and system issues.
- 3 or more years experience in software development.
- Hands-on experience with various programming languages including Java/Spring, Python, NodeJS.
- Experience working in Linux environments an asset.
- Post secondary education in computing science or computer engineering or an equivalent program.
- Strong database background working with mainstream relational (SQL) databases, Ability to support existing software updates, modifications and adding new functionality.
- Ability to work on multiple projects within strict deadlines.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Takes initiative and ownership on work projects.
- Thrives in a fast-paced, constantly changing technical environment.
We offer an attractive and competitive compensation package including a comprehensive benefits package and unique perks!
For more information, please visit http://corp.airg.com/careers/