Our team members challenge the status quo with original thoughts and ideas and follow through with actions, through collaboration and team work.
We are small enough for each team member to make a valuable contribution and see the immediate impact of their efforts, but also well established with more than 15 years in the mobile social entertainment space.
At airG, we develop exciting and leading mobile focused products leveraging our experience. We help some of the best-known telecom operators, media companies and advertisers in the world solve their most challenging monetization and distribution problems. In our ideally situated office in the heart of downtown Vancouver, we’re creating solutions that enable millions of customers to experience a sense of being connected. Wirelessly.
We are in search of a Software Developer to join our Product Integrations team.
As our Software Developer – Product Integrations you will you will be responsible for the integration and deployment of airG’s mobile and web based products. This involves understanding requirements from partners and customers, producing high-quality solutions to integrate the products, performing design/code reviews, testing and debugging, product launching, and providing post-launch support.
For this role, you will:
- Work with the business solutions team on product integrations, deployment, and support activities.
- Support the review and refinement of customer requirements, with focus on billing and SMS integration.
- Design, implement and deploy customized billing and SMS solutions; configure and customize the products based on customer requirements.
- Conduct design and code reviews with peers to ensure clean, concise and maintainable code.
- Write unit-tests, perform pre and post-launch testing and resolve issues to maintain high quality coding standard.
- Improve, maintain and support our mature products, as well as internal and external tools.
- Monitor performance of launched products and build tools to monitor their success.
- Perform on-going updates and improvements to existing products and integrations to support business needs.
- Continuously updating knowledge of airG’s mobile and web based products and services.
- Continuously updating knowledge of airG’s application platforms and network infrastructure.
- Continuously look for ways to increase monetization, automate processes, and improve internal and external tools at airG.
- 2+ years experience with scripting languages and knowledge in perl and python.
- Experience in SMS development (SMPP protocol and SMSC) is an asset.
- Ability to produce high quality solutions based on customer requirements is a must.
- External customer facing experience is desirable.
- Active problem solver with a willingness to challenge the status quo and make recommendations for improvements.
- Ability to work on multiple projects within strict deadlines.
- Sound decision making and time management skills.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and/or as a collaborative team member.
- Thrives in a fast-paced, constantly changing technical environment.
- Post secondary education in computing science or computer engineering or an equivalent program.
To learn more about airG – our exciting opportunities, culture, benefits and perks – go to jobs.airg.com